Monday, November 11, 2013

My Thoughts on... Veterans Day


What is a Veteran?


A "Veteran" - whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including his/her life".

My grandfather John R.Graves Jr. was in the US Army. He was a medic in WWII, Vietnam, and Korean War , and was an ambulance driver when he was stateside. He loved to serve his country. Although I never got to meet him, I learned about him from my grandmother. Who told me he always called her his better half. His oldest daughter (my aunt) went on to serve in the US Air Force as well.

My brother now serves in the US Navy, and I'm proud of everything he's accomplished. I have other friends and family in the US Armed Forces as well and I appreciate everything they and all of the soldiers do for our country.

Happy Veterans Day, and thank you for all that you do.




No comments:

Post a Comment