Friday, December 6, 2013

My Thoughts on... Between Friends (Friends with Benefits) by Vristen Pierce

Between Friends (Friends with Benefits)

Book 1

 

Book Description

October 1, 2013
READY FOR TROUBLE

Stacy Washington needs a change. After being unceremoniously dumped by her long-time boyfriend, she's on her way to one of the hottest clubs in town-and ready to shed her good-girl persona. Good-bye, inhibitions; hello, sexy bartender . . .

Behind the counter, Evan is a sight to behold: dark, good looks, and a killer smile. But before Stacy has a chance to get to know him better, an equally sexy prospect comes her way, and this one is ready to play. Blond, tattooed Justin is not shy about telling Stacy exactly what he wants. Justin and Evan are best friends, but that doesn't stop them from letting Stacy know they'd like to see where the night can take them-all of them. This could be a tricky situation-or the most exhilarating experience of Stacy's life . . .



This is a 1st for me, I'm going to give a review that's on the negative side. I really didn't want to, but I feel this must be said. This book started with great potential, and was shot to hell at the end.

The story is about a woman wanting to step out of her comfort zone and live more. Stop playing it so safe. Stacy does just that when she meets Evan and Justin. By the end of the book she backtracks in a major (cowardly) way.

The pros for this story are Evan and Justin, both are great characters. As well as Stacy's BFF Nina. Another is the steamy factor of the book, which I would give an 8 out of 10 on my Steamy Scale.

I would only recommend reading this book because of the pros I mentioned, and the fact that this is a part of a series. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 2nd installment us much better.






I received this book via NetGalley in return for an honest review.    

No comments:

Post a Comment